What is ETF?
These are exchange traded funds, that can be directly bought or sold on the stock exchanges. ETFs track the performance of a particular index, asset class or financial instrument. Exchange traded funds are based on different asset classes, such as: equities (by geography, industry and other factors), bonds, currencies, commodities, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Why choose exchange traded funds?
- ETF instruments can help to diversify portfolio.
- ETFs can track and be based on: different indices, value or growth companies, high-dividend companies, ESGs and SRIs, i.e. companies that meet environmental, social responsibility and good governance standards, and many other factors.
- These are liquid financial instruments and are traded in the same way as shares;
- The commissions of these passively managed funds are significantly lower compared to actively managed funds;
Orion Securities provides an example of ETFs that are traded in Europe‘s stock exchanges:
Major U.S. stock indices
IShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETFs that track the S&P 500 Index:
• CSPX LN, London Stock Exchange, currency USD. Learn more >
• SXR8 GY, German stock Exchange, currency EUR. Learn more >
Invesco S&P 500 High Dividend Low Volatility UCITS ETF:
• HDLV LN, London Stock Exchange, currency USD. Learn more >
IShares NASDAQ 100 UCITS ETFs that track the NASDAQ 100 Index:
• CNDX LN, London Stock Exchange, currency USD. Learn more >
• NQSE GY, German stock exchanges, currency EUR. Learn more >
IShares Dow Jones Industrial Average UCITS funds that track the Dow Jones Index:
• CIND LN, London Stock Exchange, currency USD. Learn more >
• SXRU GY, German Stock Exchange, currency EUR. Learn more >
Major European stock indices
Funds that track STOXX Europe 600 index:
- SXXPIEX GY, iShares STOXX Europe 600 UCITS ETF, German Stock Exchange, Currency EUR. Learn more >
- MEUS LN, Lyxor Core STOXX Europe 600, London Stock Exchange, currency USD. Learn more >
Fund listed on the European Stock Exchange that tracks the EURO STOXX 50 index:
- SX5EEX GY, iShares Core Euro STOXX50 DE, German stock exchange, currency EUR. Learn more >
MSCI World Index ETF
Funds listed in Europe that track the MSCI World and Developing Countries (MSCI EM) indices:
- IWDA LN, iShares Core MSCI World, London Stock Exchange, currency USD. Learn more >
- EMIM LN, iShares Core EM, London Stock Exchange, currency EUR. Learn more >
- BTCE GY, BTCETC Bitcoin ETP, German Exchanges, currency EUR. Average daily turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: € 24,512,971
- BTCW SW, WisdomTree Bitcoin, Swiss Exchanges, Currency USD. Average daily turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: $ 2,053,857
- COINETHE SS, XBT Provider Ethereum, Swedish Exchange, currency EUR. Average daily turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: € 10,689,216
- VETH GY, Vaneck Vectors Ethereum ETN, German Exchanges, Currency EUR. Average daily turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: € 4,231,468
- AXRP SW, 21Shares Ripple (XRP) ETP, Swiss Exchanges, Currency USD. Average Daily Turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: $ 924,070
- AADA SW, 21Shares Cardano ETP, Swiss Exchanges, USD. Average Daily Turnover 04/26/2021 – 03/03/2022: $ 1,270,250
- ASOL SW, 21Shares Solana ETP, Swiss Exchanges, USD. Average Daily Turnover 06/30/2021 – 03/03/2022: $ 2,341,703
Get in touch
In accordance with Regulation no. 1286/2014, retail investors must read the KIID (key information document) of ETF funds.
If you want to find an ETF that fits your investment strategy, get in touch:
+370 615 54136
(Financial broker – evening trading)
+370 5 231 3841
(Financial broker – evening trading)
+370 687 58168
(Senior financial broker – daytime trading)
+370 682 87890
(Head of capital markets at “Orion Securities”)
general e-mail: email@example.com
Important: This information is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy, sell or take any action with the specified financial instruments. It is not an invitation or offer to buy or sell financial instruments and may not be the basis or part of any subsequent transaction. It is necessary to consult with your financial advisor before taking. The Intermediary shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or expense incurred as a result of using this information. The broker warns that investing in financial instruments involves risks. In addition to the usual risks of investing in financial instruments, there is a risk of losing the money invested due to a drastic decrease in the value of financial instruments, a significant decrease in the value of purchased financial instruments, and additional costs for the investor. The investor must take into account the risks posed by the issuers of financial instruments and sectors, as well as the exchange rate, market, inflation, liquidity, contingencies and other specific risks.
Financial service fees
Download our fees by clicking icon below: