What is ETF?
These are exchange traded funds, that can be directly bought or sold on the stock exchanges. ETFs track the performance of a particular index, asset class or financial instrument. Exchange traded funds are based on different asset classes, such as: equities (by geography, industry and other factors), bonds, currencies, commodities, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Why choose exchange traded funds?
- ETF instruments can help to diversify portfolio.
- ETFs can track and be based on: different indices, value or growth companies, high-dividend companies, ESGs and SRIs, i.e. companies that meet environmental, social responsibility and good governance standards, and many other factors.
- These are liquid financial instruments and are traded in the same way as shares;
- The commissions of these passively managed funds are significantly lower compared to actively managed funds;
Orion Securities provides an example of ETFs that are traded in Europe‘s stock exchanges:
Major U.S. stock indices
Invesco S&P 500 High Dividend Low Volatility UCITS ETF:
• HDLV LN, London Stock Exchange, currency USD. Learn more >
IShares Dow Jones Industrial Average UCITS funds that track the Dow Jones Index:
• CIND LN, London Stock Exchange, currency USD. Learn more >
• SXRU GY, German Stock Exchange, currency EUR. Learn more >
Major European stock indices
Funds that track STOXX Europe 600 index:
- SXXPIEX GY, iShares STOXX Europe 600 UCITS ETF, German Stock Exchange, Currency EUR. Learn more >
- MEUS LN, Lyxor Core STOXX Europe 600, London Stock Exchange, currency USD. Learn more >
Fund listed on the European Stock Exchange that tracks the EURO STOXX 50 index:
- SX5EEX GY, iShares Core Euro STOXX50 DE, German stock exchange, currency EUR. Learn more >
MSCI World Index ETF
- BTCE GY, BTCETC Bitcoin ETP, German Exchanges, currency EUR. Average daily turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: € 24,512,971
- BTCW SW, WisdomTree Bitcoin, Swiss Exchanges, Currency USD. Average daily turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: $ 2,053,857
- COINETHE SS, XBT Provider Ethereum, Swedish Exchange, currency EUR. Average daily turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: € 10,689,216
- VETH GY, Vaneck Vectors Ethereum ETN, German Exchanges, Currency EUR. Average daily turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: € 4,231,468
- AXRP SW, 21Shares Ripple (XRP) ETP, Swiss Exchanges, Currency USD. Average Daily Turnover 03/31/2021 – 03/03/2022: $ 924,070
- AADA SW, 21Shares Cardano ETP, Swiss Exchanges, USD. Average Daily Turnover 04/26/2021 – 03/03/2022: $ 1,270,250
- ASOL SW, 21Shares Solana ETP, Swiss Exchanges, USD. Average Daily Turnover 06/30/2021 – 03/03/2022: $ 2,341,703
Get in touch
In accordance with Regulation no. 1286/2014, retail investors must read the KIID (key information document) of ETF funds.
If you want to find an ETF that fits your investment strategy, get in touch:
general e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org